Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Welcome

Hi there!  I'm just getting started - putting my foot in the Jordan, so to speak - with this blog.  Sharing and writing about fear has been a desire of mine for many years.  But I never knew what format it would take.    I kept thinking writing had to be a formal publication.  "I'm no expert!  I'm no authority!  I can't write a BOOK on fear!" 

Then one day, driving 150 miles to a Women's Retreat, it hit me.  A BLOG!  Duh.  A blog I can do.

And even though it has been swelling up in my heart for months to start this blog, still I procrastinated.  I find it pretty darn funny that the biggest reason I have not dived in until now is that ... I was afraid. Fitting, huh?  I felt God leading me into this project and I spent some time gathering notes, jotting down experiences and lessons learned, and gathering scriptures.  But when it came time to getting on Blogger.com and actually clicking that little button that says Create Blog...I sorta looked the other way.  "Just a little more preparation," I kept saying.  "I'd like to have several posts written before I even create the blog."  (Looking for security much?)

Finally, I heard God (not in an audible voice, but in my spirit) say, "Go!  Start.  Don't wait till you feel ready.  Go!"

I hate to admit this, but it's been a couple months even from that point.  But finally...here I am, doing it afraid.  That's one of my favorite quotes:  "Do it afraid."  Joyce Myers says that.

So today,  - to give you multiple metaphors - I'm diving in and stepping into the Jordan.  I've started.  Bear with me and please come back...  I have a LOT of design work to do and I'm getting used to this new fangled eBlogger Design stuff.

I'm pretty sure I won't be up to speed for a little while but now that I'm "out there" I hope it will motivate me to tackle it head on and get 'er done!

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. Great start Judi! Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you for opening the door to this particular room where so many of us are or have been trapped. I am so grateful for you sharing this blog with me. I too am afraid to write anything too personal. Someone ruined journaling/writing for me by saying don't put anything in writing that you wouldn't want anyone else to read....it is so wonderful to see that we can write our fears, dreams, prayers, doubts, joys, traumas etc. to read ourselves and not to fear others shaming us by our challenges. I am blessed to know and love you. Patty

    ReplyDelete