Saturday, June 26, 2010

Scriptures

I plan to post scriptures in the side bar.  I don't know if I'll manage to put a fresh one up every day but that would be ideal.  I'll collect them all in this post, adding to it as I refresh the sidebar with new scriptures.  The sidebar will have a link to this post. 

As time goes on this post will become filled with scriptures that I hope will encourage your heart, strengthen your faith, quicken your hope, and sometimes - as with the Psalms -  give you a comfort that comes from hearing the words of your own heart expressed by another.

----------------------

"Do not fear, for I am with you. Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you. Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." ~ Isaiah 41:10
"But as for me, the nearness of God is my good. I have made the Lord God my refuge."  ~ Psalm 73:28

"There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment and the one who fears is not perfected in love."   ~ 1 John 4:18

"For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name, that He would grant you according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man; so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith, and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth, and length, and height, and depth, and to KNOW the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God."      ~ Ephesians 3:14-19

"My God in His lovingkindness will meet me."   ~ Pslam 59:10b

"Draw near to God and He will draw near to you."   ~  James 4:8

"The Lord is near to the brokenhearted, and saves those who are crushed in spirit."    ~  Psalm 34:18

I run to You, God. I run for dear life."      ~ Psalm 31:1 MSG

"Be to me a rock of strength, a stronghold to save me." ~ Psalm 31:2

"For You are my strength." ~ Psalm 31:4b

Be my safe leader, be my true mountain guide. Free me from hidden traps; I want to hide in You." ~ Psalm 31:3 MSG

"You saw my pain, You disarmed my tormentors" ~ Psalm 31:7 MSG

"...Terror on every side....But as for me,
I trust in You, O Lord,
I say, "You are my God."
My times are in Your hand." ~ Psalm 31: 13-15a

"Hour by hour I place my days in Your hand,
safe from the hands out to get me." ~ Psalm 31:15 MSG

"All my bones will say, 'Lord, who is like You, who delivers the afflicted from him who is too strong for him, and the afflicted and the needy from him who robs him?'"  ~ Psalm 35:10

"You enlarge my steps under me and my feet have not slipped."  ~ Psalm 18:36


No comments:

Post a Comment